If any of you had trouble accessing pp. 1-5 on Digitizing the News for your reaction pieces, here are .pdfs of the page.
>> IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT CLASS ON FRIDAY, 9/27: WE WILL HAVE GUEST SPEAKER FROM THE COLUMBIAN, WEB EDITOR JOHN HILL.
So, In addition to your brief reaction piece to “Digitizing the News” (Google Books, free preview pp. 1-5), please be prepared with at least one question to ask John about the evolution of digital journalism or his work at The Columbian.
Also, it is very important that everyone create their Google and WordPress.com accounts by class on Friday. Thank you!
Welcome to Fall Quarter, 2011, Clark College JOUR 111, Multimedia News! I am really looking forward to a great quarter with all of the students.
The syllabus will be published to its own page on this site. RECOMMENDED (OPTIONAL) BOOKS are listed below (there is no required text):
- Journalism Next, Mark Briggs, Amazon (Paperback only)
- The Digital Journalist’s Handbook, Mark Luckie, Amazon (Paperback, Kindle)
- The Multimedia Journalist, Jennifer George-Palilionis, Amazon (Paperback)
First assignment (due Wednesday, 9/25):
Our class WordPress blog will be the hub of all activities. We will also be using Google accounts to publish our content.
So, you will need to have or create:
- A Gmail/Google account: email me at firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail) and also send in your credentials to …
- A WordPress.com account: you will be added as user to class blog (https://clarkcollegejour111.wordpress.com/)
There are several other accounts needed, outlined in the syllabus. We will cover the syllabus in-depth in class on 9/25.