I loved your mug shots!
Here’s a review of what we learned:
- Get up close. Fill the frame.
- Use natural light, if possible.
- Shoot your subject against a neutral background.
- Have your subject stand away from the wall to avoid shadows.
- If your subject is wearing eyeglasses, move the subject or yourself to keep light from reflecting off the glasses and creating glare or reflections.
- Don’t be satisfied with just one photo. Shoot several so you have a variety to choose from.
- Get information for the photo caption: full name (correctly spelled), age, city they are from, any other relevant information, such as college major, profession, etc.